I hope you are feeling refreshed and renewed for the new year. After a peaceful holiday season, we are feeling more blessed than ever before. And I’m definitely looking forward to continued financial success and sustainable progress in the year ahead.
I don’t get wrapped up in resolutions, but we do set our annual family goals at the new year. Our goals cover three main life areas: financial, family, and sustainable home. I’ll share our financial goals with you:
Sustainable Home Goals:
1) Track carbon footprint – gasoline, natural gas, electricity, etc.
2) Bicycle more – average 2x weekly for 2011
3) Install water heater blanket
4) Install drip irrigation system
5) Grow vegetable garden – potential as a yardshare
6) Buy blinds for the house – increase comfort and efficiency
7) Prune tree and roof maintenance
8) Recycle aluminum storm windows – replace screen door
9) Reupholster yard-sale find chaise lounge
We also have family goals. Obviously these are pretty personal, but since sharing your goals is key to achieving, I figure that I may as well share away:
Here’s good post from
The Simple Dollar on financial resolutions
, and how they often fail us and how to move beyond forgotten resolutions
. So make sure that your goals inspire you, you share them with friends and family, and celebrate your small successes.
Wishing your family a prosperous 2011!
Sustainable Family Finances
The story of a family creating an abundant and sustainable life.
wow – this seems like such a tall order! it is such a challenge to get through the daily pattern of life, let alone be focused on so many other goals. However, this is inspirational and I may share some with hubby…