In our household we’re always looking for frugal (and sustainable!) family fun, so I’ve had a few posts on the topic. But on the eve of a long holiday weekend with virtually no firm plans, here are some ideas I’ve been toying with:
- Visit local kiddie amusement park with free petting zoo
- Create a worm bin
- Backyard play date
- Plant seeds in the garden
- Take a Portland Hill Walk
- Help out at a new CSA farm around the corner
- Relax, follow kids’ lead and just enjoy the moment
Personally, I think we adults often over-think things. The key is to keep things simple, take it outside and enjoy some time together.
I also sign up for a weekly email that includes inexpensive events around town. I wasn’t surprised to find another great blog on Frugal Family Fun.
What are your family’s favorite ways to have frugal fun?
Sustainable Family Finances
The story of a family creating an abundant and sustainable life.